Friday, February 18, 2011

Baby germs (8)

This week I learned that vicious baby germs are no match for the finely tuned immune system that I've been working so hard to build up over the past few years.

My niece turned one this weekend, and she's so stinking cute that it's hard to put it into words, so I obviously went down to NC to see her. I have access to the YMCA when I'm out of town (it's so glorious!) so I was also going to kick it with the Raleigh Y people. It was going to be a grand weekend. And a grand weekend it was.

However, Sat night, my throat started hurting. I did what I usually do when I start to feel sick: IGNORED IT and kept doing my workouts. This works, I'd say 9 times out of 10, and that's actually a pretty decent record. But this time, by Wed morning, I felt like I had been hit by a train. I ended up at the drs worried I had caught strep, that had been floating around Raleigh. Thankfully, it was just a bug, but the dr informed me that I hadn't been in there since 2007.

Hmmm...2007. That's the first year I started doing triathlons. Coincidence? #ithinknot

No comments:

Post a Comment